Monday 4 May 2015

Melbourne Coffee - Grace

Sunday after my birthday my good and gorgeous sister from another mama Sara took me out for Brunch to celebrate the passing of another year of life. As I have mentioned before Sara knows where to take me for good Coffee and brunch and Grace in Fitzroy was no exception. 

With the front of the building looking like a old house you are never really sure what to expect when you walk through the doors but sure enough you walk into this cute and cozy interior space lit up homely and out the back to an outdoor seating area which we chose to settle down in as Melbournes weather while cool was clear and bright. Mainly patio filled with picnic tables we chose to take cover in the metal storage container, as I spotted hanging signs and old Victorian-esque boudoir desks and quite frankly could resist taking photo opertunities there.
The wooden tables were topped with succulents and paper flowers with salt and sugar in brown apothecary jars. Menus came in old hard back book covers, lovingly warn in, and the specials menu came in a frame presented to us by our server. Sara chose the baked eggs with tomato and eggplant while I opted for the pumpkin and zucchini fritters with egg and avocado from the Autumn menu. We both opted into coffee which was smooth and super hot, perfect for the chill in the air.

Our food was fantastic and I highly recommend the fritters, even though you can't visibly see them on the photo as the sale is on top of them, they were scrumptious. Sara's baked eggs came out piping hot to the point we had to wait to taste them, excellent for us really as we both like to gossip and had a lot of catching up to do.

The vibe is a mix of eclectic and vintage with graffiti decorated back walls and dried flower touches here and there. They even provided crochet and knitted blankets to keep their guests warm if it go too chilly, which I took advantage of as I was going through the beginnings of my cold. I really find Grace enjoyed the small touches and are not about being penned into a traditional coffee house mentality. Enjoyable, eclectic and moorish Grace is definitely worth a look in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...