Sunday 8 March 2015

Melbourne Coffee - The Grub Van

 Being back in Melbourne started as a right experience with a few hiccups but it has been great to catch up with some of the people I met when I first arrived back in September last year. I met up with Sara after a job interview in the CBD and we walked out to Carlton and Fitzroy so she could show me around and job hunt. As we were walking down Brunswick Street she took us on a small detour for coffee at a The Grub Van.

The Grub Van is a fantastic little adventure of its own with a menagerie of chairs and tables, lace table covers, croquet blankets wooden benches in beautiful textures. The whole place had a homely arts vibe. With an indoor and outdoor seating areas flooded with shattered light, bright colours and natural greenery, they even had a mini fish pond inside. Outside service comes from a trailer where the venue clearly gets its name from and inside a small barista area with freshly baked cakes and pastries. I think I fell instantly in love.

We choose ourselves coffees, mine a latte as I mentioned before I am new to drinking coffee, and Sara a flat white with a piece of chocolate polenta cake to share. The cake felt like an absolute bargain at $6 between us for a piece the size of a door stop, how anybody could manage one to themselves we were not sure, and tasted soft and scrumptious with the right amount of sweetness and the perfect amount of icing. The coffee was also fantastic with a smooth taste and stayed warm in the cup even though we were sat outside. I can see this becoming a regular stop for me and definitely somewhere i will be taking friends from out of town when they visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...