Monday 3 November 2014

Byron Bay - Sky Diving

On my second day in Byron Bay I woke early, around 5.30am, got my sleepy self up and ready to leave the hostel at 7am. Nerves were lightly fluttering around my stomach but tiredness was winning. Today was the morning I was going to jump out of a plane from 14,000 feet. Today I would b Skydiving.
I had never done a skydive before in my life but I had always wanted to do one. I always say I will try most things once, some things like bungee jumping I am not sure I will ever do but sky diving has been on my list for a while. I was going to wait to do my skydive until later in my trip but after winning money off it in a raffle in my Brisbane hostel I figured I would give it a go sooner than later. 

I didn't really get that nervous but stayed pretty calm but just quiet through the morning. I think it helped me that Tom came with me and since he had dived before and was so excited about today's dive it became calming. The longest part of the day is the wait and the plane journey up, which is when I got the most of my nerves but as I keep saying I live a good view and so calmed myself in the plane by looking out of the window at the  scenery. The scariest part was just as they opened the doors and you were watching everyone else leave the plane before you as it looked like they were being sucked out. There one second, gone the next.

The dive itself seemed to be over in seconds, even though on this dive you can get up to a minute of free fall on the way down. You don't really have time to think about leaving the plane or falling because before you know it you are doing it and it is over. It was so exhilarating and I honestly cannot wait to do another, I just need to decide where to do. So it anyone wants to make suggestions of where I should go please do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...