Monday 13 October 2014

Review : G Adventures Australia South to North YOLO Tour

G Adventures has been my first tour with a touring company but what a way to start. They have certainly set a high bar, mostly due to the great work of their CEO who was incredibly passionate, knowledgeable and made the experience fun.
The tour took place over 18 days, if you could the first night in Melbourne, and took 17 days on the road. Australia is a big country and with a lot of ground to cover you can spend long periods of time in the bus getting from place to place. If you are lucky like I was you will get a group that you can have a good chat and laugh with, if not you can always challenge your CEO to a massive game of eye spy which was a highlight for me. 

The tour gets you to all the places you need to see across Australia and a few you may never have thought of, hitting major attractions like the 12 Appostles, London Bridge, The Grampians Pinnacle, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta, Kakadu NP and Lichfield NP alongside places that I hadn't even heard of before (Coober Pedy for one). Every CEO will be different and take you to spots they know themselves are great or passengers have previously have liked.
There are a lot of included meals on this tour so I feel you get a good amount for your bucks, we certainly never went hungry, on the non included meal evenings out CEO was able to book or recommend great places within a few minutes walk of out accommodation normally the restaurants would have a tour menu so most evening meals were hearty and under $20. Handy if you want to spend more on experiences than food. 

Our Transportation was clean and comfortable and there were more seats than people so you could spread out your baggage if needs be. 

Accommodation was mainly hostels but not the kind of thing you would expect as a backpacker. The worst accommodation for me was for the first night in Darwin, which I found unclean, a bit smelly and nosy otherwise all accommodations were friendly, clean and quiet with comfortable beds. 
I feel this tour is good value if you want to do a lot of things but only have a short time to do it in. Perfect if you want to see Central Australia without the worry of hiring a campervan and worrying about where you will get if fixed if you break down on a remote road. 

I would recommend this tour as I feel the varied amount of what you see and the amount of activities you get to do make it worth the while. I would also currently choose to travel with G Adventures again.

Disclaimer: My opinions in this review are entirely my own. I have not been asked or paid to review this


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...