Saturday 25 October 2014

Brisbane - Time Out In The Suburbs

After a rough night with horribly disrespectful room mates and getting about 3 hours sleep all night I was so grateful to be headed out into the suburbs of Brisbane to see my friend Kim and catch up with her. She had extended me the offer to stay with her and I am incredibly thankful for her kindness.

Time out away from backpacking life was definitely needed and appreciated and allowed me the opportunity to rest and recover a little as well as see what life in the local community is like and get an idea of what living in Australia is really like. Kim also took me to a couple of places backpackers can't usually get to and I am really happy I got to see them. 

My first evening was spent relaxing and eating with the family and old and new friends from back home before an early night which gave me the best sleep I had had in maybe 2 weeks. We had a relaxing day driving around to get my bank cards only I find they had sent them back to the Migrant Office as I hadn't been in to pick them up quick enough. After this Kim took me up Mt Coot-Tha to the look out that give you a view over all of Brisbane right out to the coast. I think it's always great to get a view that you step back from and start to see from a different perspective. A bit of early afternoon drinking didn't hurt too much either. Then after food shopping for a BBQ we headed home for another early night. 

My last morning I woke early (5.30am) to get up, wake up and take part in Augustine Heights Park Run with Kim, Harry, Leah and Simon. Park Run is a community run 5k held on saturday mornings and certainly helps you get moving. It felt great to do some exercise, even if it nearly killed me after 5 weeks of barely doing any bar the odd trail, so I think I will look into finding the others across Australia and take part if I get chance. We then treated ourselves to some time at the pool post run before I had to head back into the city on the train. 

I had such an enjoyable time and I cannot thank Kim, Ben and Harry enough for having me for a couple of days and their generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...