Thursday 23 October 2014

Brisbane - In the City Again

Back in the city again, this time Brisbane. I can't tell you how excited I was to be back in a city again with its tall architecture, beautiful bridges and hundreds of people milling about. I have really missed the buzz of a  metropolis, beaches start to look the same after a while and there is only so many times you can sit on the sands and watch the waves before you get bored but cities are forever changing. 

I took straight to the pavement after getting off my 6 hour bus from Rainbow Beach determined not to waste precious time exploring. I had felt the last few days that I had lost my excitement over the beaches and small towns and almost lost my get-up-and-go attitude but within minutes of seeing the high rises I was filled with energy and boundless excitement. Taking straight to exploring Southbank with Fanny we discovered the lagoon, a memorial garden and admired the high rises on the north bank from every angle. 

We had an excellent night in the city too exploring and taking photographs of the city and even met some Australians who were willing to show us sights we didn't even know existed. It made for a magically adventurous first night in Brisbane, one I am sure I won't be forgetting any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...